Friday, September 19, 2008

Creepy crawly

The shed was in a mess. All the things on the small table were on the ground and newspapers strewn all over the place. Emmm...either a very strong wind did that or our friends from the trees came to play there. Anyway nothing broken or better still, no plants or seedlings was pulled or upturned like the last time they came.




The ground was wet with pools of water everywhere. So I dont have to water the plants today. Went about with my usual routine pulling the weeds and just checking the plants. The grass had overgrown and we couldnt spray them with weed killer because of the rain, so have to do them manually. It is an eyesore for me. Was weeding a small portion when suddenly my toes felt very itchy and looked down to scratch it. Lol...a small greyish leech was stuck there! I practically did a jumping jack or a rain dance or something, to get it unstuck! Eeeewwww! It didnt get off so luckily I had my rubber gloves on and pulled that thing off and flung it so far! It was the same last week but I didnt realise it until the end when I was about to wash my feet. By that time the leech had fallen off somewhere, bloated with my blood. It is still itchy and had formed a scab until today. Eeeewwwwwww and double eeeeewwwwwwwwww! Yucks!!



Immediately stopped my weeding becos of the leech....one
disadvantage when the ground is wet


misai kucing plants




Before going home, just had a look at the kiwi plants...all the flowers had either dropped or withered and no new buds are showing. No kiwi fruits? I'm sure Prof is doing something about that. Trimmed some overgrown misai kucing near the shed and took home to try to plant them using cuttings. Bought a few flowering plants at Sg Buloh to brighten my garden at home for the coming Hari Raya.

No comments: